The whole team should be aligned before transitioning from strategy into design. The Creative Brief is the tool for communicating the opportunities and design direction to kick off ideation.
- 1-2 page brief
- 1-2 hour presentation
- Minimum 5 cross-function stakeholders
Pairs well with
- Customer Journey Maps
- Opportunity Statements
How to do it:
- Summarize research insights and opportunities you have identified.
- Gather a team of creatives, strategists, business owners and technologists who will be involved in the design and build process.
- Document the goals, problem statement, target audience, key insights, and opportunities into a 1-2 page brief.
- Present the brief to the team, including any proof points they need to kick off design.
How to Write the Most Compelling Creative Brief (With Examples) – workamajig
A quick explanation and a step-by-step guide on writing creative briefs.
10 Key Elements of a Successful Creative Brief – UpWork
A creative brief is a document that explains the ins and outs of a project for the creative team, agency, or designer who’ll be working on it. Think of it as a blueprint for your project that not only helps the creative team but also will help you as you shape the overall strategy and goals for the project.
Why Do Companies Need the Creative Brief More Than Before? – Designorate
Companies are now able to connect through new communication methods that allow them to reach clients from the other side of the globe while their team is working from remote locations. Increasing competitiveness requires companies to clearly identify client requirements, document these requirements, and ensure that all the team is geared toward developing the product with the specification agreed on by both the company the client.